Sunday, October 10, 2010

And Baby makes Threee

Well, it has been a really long time since I posted so I think that a quick catch-up is in order.  Surprise, we are expecting a baby. 

To be honest, this was a bit of a surprise blessing but it is still a blessing.  We had a lot of factors working against us but nature certainly prevailed. Our anticipated due date is Feb. 16, 2010.

As I am a reader, I have looked at a lot of different books about pregnancy and I must say that most of them are pretty scary.    I have also noticed that there are a lot of online message boards where you can post comments and questions.  Those are really scary.  I tend to err on the side of hypochondria so I had to stop reading those.  Made me way too anxious. 

One book that I do like it the  Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy which has a really direct, medical way of speaking.  I keep this one at home for reference. Another good one it YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy which is a little more light, humorous reading.  I keep that one a work for reading during a break.

Rob is extremely excited that we are having a baby and can't wait to be a dad.  We are opting to not know the sex of the baby which is great because what a better surprise than on delivery day finding out but does make finding clothes a little more difficult and there is not much that is gender neutral.

We are opting for green and chocolate as nursery colors.  For themes I want to go with an Ansel Adams type of black and white pictures on the walls.  I read somewhere that babies need to be exposed to black/white colors for eye development so I want to encourage that. I also want to take some of the pictures we have taken in Great Smoky Mountains because I want our baby to enjoy nature and hiking.

Until next time, I will keep on marinating this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment