Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The First Born...

Hannabert is the first grandchild on both sides of the family.  I know that both my parents and Horn's parents mean well but I have to say the most stressful times as parents is when we are visiting either set.  I always feel like the parenting choices (no cereal! BLW! no CIO!) are being judged and our experiences are being chalked up "first time parents syndrome."  I really hate it when my MIL takes Hannabert, who really wants to nurse and nap (which is very much OK in our house) and whisks him away to comfort him.  I know what he wants.  He wants me and I am very much OK with that.  To my parents, I don't like CIO.  Science agrees with me.  We won't be doing that.  I don't care if "we turned out just fine."  I want Hannabert to turn out better than "fine."  Exceptional would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment