Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hannabert's First Christmas

First, let me say that Horn and I deserve the "Parent of 2011" award; we forgot all of Hannabert's supplies (clothing and diapers) at home.  Horn thought that I had packed up the little guy's stuff in my bag and I know that I told him that Hannabert had his own suitcase.

Luckily Grandma B had some odds and ends of clothing that had been left down in Cincinnati before and I had one sleeper in my suitcase.  We ended up having enough clothing for the weekend (including a cute outfit for the Grandpa B's family party).

We wanted to get a Santa picture this year and thought that we would miss out as Grandma B's family party had already started before we had even left.  Luckily as we pulled into The Greene to go to Von Maur, we found out that Santa was taking a smaller lunch break than what we thought so Horn pushed me out of the car and had me stand in line while he parked (not really but he did suggest that I do it).

Santa was a hit.

We successfully made it to Grandma B's Family Party and will was a HUGE hit (none of the other little cousins were able to make it).  He received a wonderful Fisher Price Nativity Set. I had just become aware of this set and really wanted one and was planning on getting him one after Christmas.  Thanks to Auntie Linda, Hannabert got to play with his nativity on Christmas.  The hay was delicious.


We opened gifts with my family via Skype despite technical difficulties (my parents couldn't hear us; perhaps their sound was turned off...) before midnight mass.  Hannabert was really excited to seem them on the screen and was more interested in trying to play with Grandpa A than he was in the gifts.  He received some wonderful books, puzzles, and a train.  I was pretty stressed about the technical problems so we didn't get any pictures of him. 

Hannabert was very..."chatty" during mass and we spent most of the mass in the back of the church walking around with Hannabert wrapped in my Lana.  It was nice exercise for me.

The next morning, Hannabert woke to nurse and then I was able to put him back down for a morning nap.  Unfortunately, Horn and I were wide awake so we headed downstairs to make coffee and wait for the rest of the family to wake up.  We found Auntie Beth and Montana (her adopted greyhound) on the couch.  Apparently Montana didn't want to sleep in the basement if the rest of the family was upstairs.  Mom and Dad B were up shortly afterwards and we started the gift opening process.  We decided to let Hannabert sleep in as long as possible.

Hannabert woke-up in time for breakfast and then it was babytime fun!  He was interested in the gifts but had no interest in opening them.  Playing with them, yes.  He got so excited, he even stood on his own!



Christmas 2011 was exactly what Christmas is suppose to be about - being with loved one and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment