Friday, January 04, 2013

7 Takes, Yr 2013, Vol 1


--- 1 ---
Please remember to pray for those families that are expecting or hoping to expect in 2013.

Please pray for my sister who is expecting a little girl in May. She has epilepsy that requires medication...and stress makes her condition worse...and being pregnant for the first time is stress free...right?

Dearest Mary, I look to you now for the help of your maternal love. You understand my trials as an expectant mother. You bore Jesus in your womb. You know the doubts and anxieties that beset me; you know the bodily suffering I endure. Like you, may I turn all these sorrows into joy. You overcame anxiety by a loving trust in God; you overcame doubt by gentle resignation to His will.
Your motherhood lifted your mind above earth and kept it close to God.
So speak to Jesus now with me, beloved Mother, as I seek prayerfully to learn to bear the trials of motherhood with joy.
Mother of Perpetual Help, Pray for me! 

As my brother and sister-in-law work through the long adoption process, please keep them in your prayers

The Lord is faithful in all His words and holy in all His works. The Lord lifts up all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look hopefully to You, and You give them their food in due season; You open Your Hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing. The Lord is just in all His ways and holy in all His works. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him, He hears their cyr and saves them. The Lord keeps all who love Him, but the wicked He will destroy.  May my mouth speak the praise of the Lord, and may all flesh bless His Holy Name forever and ever. -- Psalm 145:13-21
God, our Creator, by Your love the world is filled with life, through Your generosity one generation gives life to another, and so are Your wonders told and Your praises sung.
We look to You in our love and in our need: may it be Your will that we adopt a child to share our home and faith.
Loving God, be close to us as we pray to love and do Your will. You are our God, nourishing us forever and ever. Amen.

--- 2 ---
Jen, who usually hosts the 7 Takes is currently receiving treatment for 2 pulmonary embolisms...while pregnant. Her saint this year is St. Michael. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. And watch her t.v. show
--- 3 ---
Thanks for stepping up and sponsoring 7 Takes this week Hallie!
--- 4 ---
Our daycare is the best! Horn got my virus at work yesterday and, even though Hannabert was dropped off at 7am, they were more than happy to watch him until my work day ended at 11:30pm.
--- 5 ---
Things you don't want to hear your sick husband say, "Can you pick up a mop on your lunch break?"
--- 6 ---
My classes started back this week. There was a near riot in my ethics class. I don't understand what there is to debate over definitions. I had to have a student removed. Next week they get to create their own societies. It should be fun.
--- 7 ---
Notre Dame plays in the BCS Championship game on Monday. GOOOOOO IRISH!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry y'all were sick too!!! Boo! Glad I found your blog through the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that y'all are sick too!! Glad I found your blog through the link up! Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of expectant women to pray for - I've some in my real-life acquaintance, too. Amazing what work and grace it takes to get these little ones here!

    ReplyDelete