Friday, March 08, 2013

7 Takes, 2013, Vol. 8


Link up at:
www.conversiondiary.com


--- 1 ---

On Monday, Tuesday, and Fridays, I am responsible for Hannabert in the morning.  We are always running late to daycare/work because, well, would you want to leave him?
March 8, 2013

March 6, 2013 - SNOW DAY FROM TEACHING

March 5, 2013

March 4. 2013 - He insisted on getting dressed in the middle of the night. He insisted  on shoes and I insisted he wear a diaper


--- 2 ---

I really really like being home at a "normal" time 3 days a week. Heaven.

--- 3 ---

Even though I am home at night with the guys more often, the house isn't any cleaner.  Why can't husbands multi-task or is it just mine? I have been cleaning up when I get home on my two "late nights."

--- 4 ---

Work life at current job is...growing a tad bit hostile between my supervisor and me. Snippy emails, frustrated conversations. A discussion as to why my mono wasn't better yet when a co-worker's daughter was fine after three weeks (which, ironically enough, I asked the co-worker about and he laughed and said the 3 weeks time my supervisor cited was HOW LONG SHE WAS OFF FROM SCHOOL and that she most certainly was not yet "all better."

--- 5 ---

My sister is having a baby shower in a few weeks. I will not be able to attend. As my dad is working less doing taxes as in years past and my brother is on federal sequester, Mom, Sister-in-Law, and I went in on a gift. Is that tacky?

--- 6 ---

I supplemented with few things not on the registry. I went with a more a baby store in NC.  There is apparently a diaper competition, so I included some reusable (apparently this is the "new" "green" term) diapers for her diaper bag. An amber bracelet as Hannabert loves his necklace and asks for it when he doesn't feel well. I went with the bracelet because the necklace is sure to freak out all grandparents everywhere and with the bracelet she can hide it  under a pair of socks. Based on the photo that was making the social media rounds, got her a Nasal Aspirator. We haven't used this one because we have the Nose Frida but this uses nose tissue rather than filters. [NOTE: I am not an affiliate of Sweet Bottoms, I just like that they were in North Carolina where my family lives and that they offered free shipping]

--- 7 ---
I am attending a retirement party for a law school professor who is an expert on minority healthcare. She also directed the academic program at the law school for a number of years. I can tell you that I was a successful student because of everything she taught me and the countless students before me.  She will be greatly missed in the local academic world. I cannot say that I always agreed with everything she believes, but she empowered me to not take what I think I know at face value. Thank you Prof. Randall for all that you have done and all that you will continue to do. 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time leaving my little faces in the morning too! Later in the day, some days...well, that's sometimes a different story. ;) And quite frankly, I don't think the joint gift is tacky. You do what you can with what you have, and the love you give them is all that matters in the end. Moth and rust, you know? I would certainly hope she would understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope she understands as well and maybe I am underestimating her understanding. I am ok with later in the day as well, but morning snuggles, those are really special.

      Delete