1. Was I last to hear about fetal cells being used to test flavors? One of my students brought it to my attention in class the other day when she asked what agency approved of this. The SEC knew about the relationship due to a 10k filing in 2011
2. I was a huge fan of LOOKING at paperdolls but not really playing with them. I have vague memories of not being allowed to use scissors (because I would routinely use them to chop holes in clothing that I didn't like in an attempt to force my mom to buy me some new clothings - FYI, didn't work; she just patched the holes). I saw these on Cool Mom Picks and said, "I really DO want to play with paper dolls!"
4. The toddler, after spending THREE hours playing at the splash park next to our current house in balmy 70is weather, literally turned blue. We enticed him home by promises of ice cream. Little did I know that he knows the difference between ice cream and frozen fuit icy pop things. Speaking of that, have you tried Mott's Freezer Pops? We pick outs up at the dollar store. No added sugar, based on apple juice with "natural flavors" (which now makes me nervous because of #1). Much sobbing and destruction of childhood happiness occurred.
5. So it looks like our house purchase is a go....Very very nervous. The seller isn't happy because we have an extremely thorough inspection which is resulting in him having to install a radon abatement system AND a new chimney from roofline up in addition to fixing electrical issues.
6. We need paint advice...Any thoughts as to brands that are great? We loved Benjamin Moore paint when we painted our first bedroom but the cost was a bit 'gasp!"
7. Please keep my grandmother in your prayers. She is having some surgery in a week or so. At 93, any surgery bears some risk.