Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Sunkissed VoxBox - First blog installment SinfulColor SinfulShine


I was recently selected to receive a summer fun box from Influenster! I received the following items, complimentary, from Influenster for testing purposes:
  • Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles
  • Goody Hair Ouchless Ribbon Elastics  
  • Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream            
  • SinfulColors SinfulShine   
The box arrived just as dear Horn and I were headed to Menard's to pick up top rails for the closet organizer my father was installing in our new house....after Horn had purchased the wrong pieces the day before and these top rails were seriously holding up progress. Although I do not understand why we just didn't get the boxed set...

Horn abandoned me in the car with the toddler...in the hot, steamy heat that was this past weekend. Luckily I had thought to grab my SummerVox! 

I bypassed the BB Cream (I always think that this doesn't sound like a beauty product and more like something a kid would use in a Red Rider...), high heel insoles (wearing a pair of Keen Bree Cross Slide Sandals (similar but I am rocking them in purple), and Ouchless Ribbon (as I already had my hair in a complicated bun thing and it was unwashed) and decided that it would be a great test to apply nail polish to my nails while sitting in the passenger seat. 

The nail polish, Amazonian, was thinner than what I expected it to be but I managed to miss any drips on my pants or the car. I would suggest that you use a flat surface rather than an angled knee. I would also suggest that, if painting in the car, you ventilate said car by requiring the driver to leave the keys with you before he disappears into a home improvement center...

I liked how quickly it dried as I was able to paint on two coats in the time it took Horn to finish buying the necessary closet pieces (he insisted that the guy in front of him was buying 1000 pieces of PVC piping). 

First coat on

The color went on evenly although you definitely need more than 1 coat for the shine and color to to be brilliant. Like I said earlier, it dried extremely quickly and actually did make it though a spray down with Simple Green after I pulled what Horn thought might be poison oak

My nails are looking a bit rough right now.  Better nail painting skills and maybe a topcoat (and not using caustic chemicals, moving boxes, and pulling mint without gloves) would definitely make the polish last longer. 

Day 3
In all, you can't beat the price (and their great names) and it applies fast and dries quickly. It is a great polish for summer fun and quick changes and it is a great way to make your mother-in-law eye's pop when you show up to for probably the FIRST TIME EVER in 10 years with a full manicure to have it be a great SinfulColor.

No comments:

Post a Comment