Thursday, August 22, 2013

First completed (Pinterest) house project - Hannabert' Bath!

As I have been home for the last two weeks after having my tonsils removed, I decided that I should complete at least one New House Project.  I decided to tackle a storage solution for Hannabert's Bathroom.

I am proud to say that I created a storage solution for less than $14.00.

BEFORE


I purchased plastic baskets from the dollar store because they came in 2 packs. Total Cost = $2.00
The tension rod came from KMart. I am sure that I could have found one slightly cheaper elsewhere (ie Goodwill or Salvation Army). Total Cost = $11.00
We already had zip ties ($2.50 at Big Lots for a bunch so let's say: $0.50)

Supplies





1.  Stretch the rod so that it fits either the width or length of the tub/shower.

2. Prepare baskets.  In my case, this meant removing stickers and metal handles.


3. Using zip tie through the center spots on the basket, attach the basket to the rod.

4. Repeat until all baskets are attached.

5. Arrange and space the baskets.

6.  Tighten the zip ties to prevent a toddler from moving them too much during the next bath period.

7. Pick up toys, toothbrush, and shampoo bottle and place in baskets.

8. Use a toe nail clipper to trim the zip ties so they are flush to the end.

When Hannabert is done with his bath at night, he can clean-up his accoutrements prior to getting into his "ducky towel" (which is really any towel we use prior to doing "baby in the mirror" (which is just us lifting him up to look at himself in the mirror)). 

When adult guests visit or husbands take a bath, the rod can be removed to raised.





No comments:

Post a Comment