Friday, October 11, 2013

7 QT 2013.30

Joining Jen at Conversion Diary.

1. Funny things Hannabert said/did during the last week:
  • Volunteered to drive home from daycare.  "I drive mama."
  • Gave me some of his "chicken nugget" roast beef and mashed potatoes when he noticed that I had already eaten and had asked Horn to get me a second searving.  "Here you go mama!"  Every meat is a chicken nugget to him. I don't know why.
  • On homemade pumpkin purree: "Pumpkin poop?"
  • "Just a minute. I have an idea." He uses this for a lot of different things...including trying to make us coffee, retrieving his vitamins, and getting cheese sticks. It is frequently followed by:
  • "Uh huh. I NEEED you!" This is also used in a variety of circumstances. Usually when he is in a tricky situation.

 2.  Sadly, I learned that one of my law school classmates passed away after a car accident. Sean was my ice cream study buddy for our entire first year. His wife was also in the accident and also passed away from the injuries she suffered just yesterday. It hit me, hard.

God our Father,
Your power brings us to birth,
Your providence guides our lives,
and by Your command we return to dust.

Lord, those who die still live in Your presence,
their lives change but do not end.
I pray in hope for my family,
relatives and friends,
and for all the dead known to You alone.

In company with Christ,
Who died and now lives,
may they rejoice in Your kingdom,
where all our tears are wiped away.
Unite us together again in one family,
to sing Your praise forever and ever.

Amen.

3. I have an interview on Monday with an elder law firm. They do estate planning, medicaid benefits, and veteran benefits. From what I have read about the firm, it seems family friendly and I definitely think that this is a growing area of law. 

4. At the end of the month, I have another interview. This time with a non-profit organization that provides pro-bono legal services to those that would not be be able to afford them. I strongly believe in attorney's giving back to the community and a huge thing is that Ohio will now grant CLE (continuing legal education) credits for pro-bono work. I really hope that this encourages more attorneys to volunteer.

5.  Prayer for guidance for me and those making decisions would be greatly appreciated.

Glorious Saint Cajetan, acclaimed by
all people to be father of providence
because you provide miraculous aid to
all who come to you in need, I stand
here before you today, asking that you
present to the Lord the requests that
I confidently deposit in your hands.
(Mention here the
graces desired.)
May these graces that I now request
help me to always seek the Kingdom
of God and his Righteousness,
knowing that God — who dresses with
beauty the flowers of the field and
abundantly feeds the birds of the
sky — will give me all other
things. Amen.

6. Horn, Hannabert, and I are volunteering with Engaged Encounter tonight, greeting people and carrying their  luggage. Horn and I went the October weekend back in 2008 and felt that it was so very wonderful for us. We volunteered in February (right before Hannabert and I got mono diagnosis) and loved the Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center. The priest who were attending the evening Mass were very nice to a cranky toddler.  Please keep all the couples in your thoughts and prayers (especially that they learn the value of praying together).

7.  I have been practicing with Hannbert on his Notre Dame kickoff cheer. Ignore the poor parenting involving a ladder. I feel that we are a bit behind compare to from Ryan Ceders & Tiny Flowers, we are WAY WAY behind the learning curve.



2 comments: