Friday, December 13, 2013

7 Takes, 2013.36

Linking up for my week in review with Jen at Conversion Diary.

1. My morning travel companion has been a bit cranky in the mornings.
Don't talk to me. 

Don't say those words
2. Horn and I went to a Law Firm Party.

3. Then we ate out. I had parsnip gnocchi 5 years ago at a place called Jean Ro's Bistro, that has since closed (this is his new place). It was served in a browned butter sage sauce with toasted almonds. It became my love affair with browned butter. I even scramble my eggs in it. My grandmother is Italian and would make gnocchi from scratch so I love gnocchi that tastes like hers. Kaze had sweet potato gnocchi that was served Asian style.
tofu, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, shishito peppers, miso balsamic - from the PDF by the restuarant
Insane! I was expecting Italian, maybe with a basil or sage sauce or even a light alfredo or bechamel. It was Asian style and incredible but so different than my grandmother's or the French version I have loved so much for the last 5 years.

4.  If you haven't seen the Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix, where have you been? BUT the bigger news is that they appeared at one of the local high schools as part of an accapella festival!


I also love the one below because it was the first YouTube video I ever saw of them



5.  My Brother and SIL will meet their little girl on 12/14/2013. Our excitement is overwhelming. Please pray that all goes well and that they start bonding as a family. Even more overwhelming is that Horn and I have been selected as guardians, what an incredible honor.

6.  I have been trying to explain Christmas to Hannabert. He doesn't believe me that it is Jesus's birthday.

Love the Fisher Price Nativity


7. On wards to Week Three of Advent.

O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here;
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment